Yesterday was my clinic appointment at Kings and what an efficient day it was! So much got done. We (joint effort in mine and the staff’s organising!) achieved:
- Getting to the hospital for 10:45 despite the train delays (some emergency between peterborough and huntingdon)
- 1 bone marrow biopsy (not too ouch…. but still ouch! i was encouraged to “branch out” and try a different registrar and he proved to be acceptable to add to the list! ha ha)
- 1 blood test (with multiple vials and a few big bottles for tissue banking research)
- A consultation with a dermatologist regarding my rash (not sure what it is… potentially GVHD)
- 1 pharmacy collection for dermatology creams
- 1 skin biopsy done of the rash (They literally just puncture out a small bit of skin to analsye. Bit of local, punch it out, then 1 stitch to be removed in 5 -7 days)
- A consultation with my haemotologist (Really happy with my progress….CMV levels are reducing now I’m on the drugs…. bloods are all stable HB 106… platelets 117… WBC 2.83… neuts 1.7)
- 2nd pharmacy collection for haem drugs
- A serious session of hacking to remove my hickman line (at long last!!)
- Getting home for 8pm for a Delicious dinner cooked by my brother!!
Phew!!! Was pretty tired by the end of it but was so satisfying to of achieved so much in one day. Sometimes I go to Kings and its really frustrating because I feel like nothing has happened different to what Peterborough could do and feels like a waste of money on train tickets, energy, etc.
- twisty turban style (about all I can wear on my head as my rash is so itchy!!)
- Me and my bro on a walk with Jasper
- My version of Pho chicken soup…. delicious!
- Me freaking out other commuters on the train looking a bit tired and battered at the end of the day….. a bald girl wearing a mask!! arrgghhh!!